Isla Holbox is a beautiful island off the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico. The island itself is actually pretty long, about 40 km, but only part of it inhabited. Residents have resisted commercialization, leaving Isla Holbox with some of it’s original charm. There are no cars, and most people get around on foot, bicycle, or take one of the golf cart taxis from the small town. Everyone here seems so happy and friendly, and the beaches are absolutely stunning.
1. Swim with Whale Sharks on Isla Holbox
2. Eat Ceviche in local restaurant
3. Watch the sunset in Punta Coco
4. Relax in the hammocks
5. Visit the flamingos in Isla Passion
6. padlleboard or Kayak into the mangroves
7. Horse back riding on the beach